To keep up with all the latest spring flag news at NSMF, Follow @NSMinorFootball on Twitter.
- February 23 – Application for Association Membership or Non-Member Endorsement from VFML Club due.
- March 1 – Jersey Orders due to Skyline for delivery prior to the start of the VMFL season (using the supplied order form)
- April 3 – VMFL team registration due. Players must be registered by March 28th
- April 14 – VMFL spring flag payment due (via cheque to the VMFL Treasurer)
- April 15 – Spring Flag Referee Clinic – Time and location TBA
- April 22 – Jersey Orders due to Skyline for delivery prior to the BCCFA Championship in Kelowna (using the supplied order form)
- Week 1 – April 23, 2017 – CMFA hosting at Town Centre Park, Coquitlam
- Week 2 – April 29, 2017 – NSMF hosting at Newton Athletic Park, Surrey
- Week 3 – May 6, 2017 – VMFL hosting at Newton Athletic Park, Surrey
- May 6 – Midnight – FROZEN ROSTERS to VMFL
- Week 4 – May 13, 2017 – RMFL hosting at Hugh Boyd Park, Richmond
- May 15 – BCCFA Provincial Championship Fee due (via BCCFA website online) & Frozen rosters submitted to BCCFA.
- Week 5 – May 27, 2017 – VWMF hosting at Thunderbird Park, UBC
- Week 6 – June 3, 2017 – CGMF hosting at Townline Park, Chilliwack
- June 9, 10 & 11 – BCCFA Provincial Championship in Kelowna (All Divisions)
Dates to be Finalized
- NSMF Coaches Meeting – Feb. 21. NS Clubhouse. General information meeting for our NS coaches.
- VMFL Coaches Meeting – April 10. NW High School. This is going to be mandatory for all Spring Flag Coaches, Club Presidents and Spring Flag Coordinators
- Coaches Clinic – this will be a clinic for new and newer coaches to give some suggestions for running practices and games.
- Referee Clinics – we will be booking two other referee clinics, likely at UBC and SFU. Dates and times to be confirmed once these have been set up.
- Commissioner Training – May 15th. this will be mandatory for two people from each club for the 2017 Spring Flag season. This will likely run in conjunction with one of the Referee Clinics.
Quick Notes for 2017
- U10 will be 4 downs instead of 3. 1 coach allowed on field for first 3 jamborees.
- Defence must give 1 yd bubble around Offensive Centre.
- Once ball has passed LOS, all non-ball carriers, must stop.
- VMFL has passed a motion that VMFL Spring Flag Teams will freeze their
rosters at midnight following the week 3 jamborree. These frozen
rosters will apply to VMFL jamborees only (we have not heard anything
from the BCCFA on frozen rosters).
- All teams are entitled, but not required to participate in the Provincial Championships. Must declare either way by week 3.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of 8 players. Maximum 12 at NSMF. (There is no max for league/Provincials)
- No import rule/limit.
- Registration Fee $189/player includes: Home Jersey (Black Dry-Fit) and Away Jersey, Shorts. Please note there is no Alternate Funding for Spring Flag.
- Jersey/flag kit delivery – expected delivery before 1st jamboree, if ordered by March 1st (NSMF to BCCFA, April 26th deadline for players). Only BCCFA issued jerseys are allowed during Provincials.
- If a player has not been asked to play by a coach, there is a ‘Player Pool’, like a waiting list. Coaches looking for more players often look at the Player Pool, but being on the list does not guarantee a spot on a team. NS will form teams from this list when enough players from one age group sign up. If only a few sign up in an age group, we will try to place on an existing team where room permits.
- Girls can play a division down from their age. Girls Teams will play a division down and be reseeded if necessary as the season goes on.
Online registration will be open soon.
Please note that if you play for a team at North Surrey, your team will be going to Kelowna for the Provincial Championships. That trip will incur an additional cost for each player for travel, hotel and food (approx. $100-$200) on top of the $189 Regular Season Registration Fee.
|A coach has NOT asked you to play →||Player Pool List Closed|
|A NSMF coach HAS asked you to be on his team →
Spring Flag Registration Procedure PDF
BCCFA Registration Information PDF
|Online Reg Open|
If a coach has NOT confirmed you are on his team, enter our Player Pool. Some fees are non-refundable and we cannot guarantee a spot on a team, so this is the first step in being placed on a team. NS will try to put teams together from this Player Pool but cannot guarantee placement.
If a coach HAS confirmed you are on his team, Register Online.
BCCFA Director of Spring Flag Football: Kevin Parks
Custom Jerseys are available for Spring Flag at an additional cost. Please contact supplier directly for more information.
Potential referees must be at least 14 years old.
All people wishing to ref this year must attend a clinic, even if you have reffed before. Note: to attend a clinic you must register with Jayne Ogundehinde at email@example.com. All relevant information will be covered in the clinics.
Player & Coach development online videos