To keep up with all the latest spring flag news at NSMF, Follow @NSMinorFootball
|Feb. 9, Tue.||NSMF Coaches Orientation-Info Meeting||7:00 pm, NS Clubhouse|
|Feb 10, Wed.||NSMF Online Registration Opens||Register only if you’re confirmed to be on a team. Some fees are non-refundable. If not on a team yet, click here first.|
|Feb. 24, Wed.||BCCFA Coaches Orientation, Info Meeting. MANDATORY.||7:00 pm, McLeod Stadium|
|Feb. 28, Sun.||BCCFA Coaches Clinic||10:00 am, McLeod Stadium|
|Mar. 1, Tue.||Players: Registration deadline for NS players||Register online to guarantee delivery by season’s 1st game|
|Mar. 4, Fri.||NSMF: Player Registration deadline||to BCCFA|
|Mar. 27, Sun.||Referee Clinic, must be 14yo||UBC Thunderbird Stadium, 4-6pm|
|Apr. 1, Fri.||NSMF: Team declaration to VMFL||NSMF submits our team list to VMFL for jamboree scheduling|
|Apr. 2, Sat.||Referee Clinic, must be 14yo||Mackin Park, Coq, 10am-1pm|
|Apr. 8. Fri.||NSMF: Payment due for league play||to VMFL|
|Apr. 9, Sat.||Referee Clinic, must be 14yo||McLeod Stadium, 10am-1pm|
|Apr. 15, Fri.||Final day to order jerseys||Register online to guarantee delivery by Provincials|
|Apr. 17, Sun.||Week 1 Jamboree||Westside @ UBC Warren Field →
Field Site Map →
|Apr. 23, Sat.||Week 2 Jamboree||Coquitlam Town Centre →
Field Site Map →
|Apr. 24, Sun.||U19 Frozen Rosters Due||to BCCFA|
|May 1, Sun.||Week 3 Jamboree||Langley, McLeod Stadium →|
|May 2, Mon.||NSMF: Team Registration due for
|TBA||NSMF: Payment due for Provincials||to BCCFA|
|May 7, Sat.||Week 4 Jamboree||White Rock South Surrey →
Field Map →
|May 13, Fri.||NSMF Field Setup||6:30-9pm, Newton Athletic Park, one coach from each NS team is required to help line fields.|
|May 14, Sat.||Week 5 Jamboree
||NSMF @ Newton Athletic Park →
Field Map →
|May 21 & 22||No games||Victoria Day Long Weekend|
|May 21 & 22||National Championships||Halifax, NS. 2015 Provincial Champions NSMF U19 Ravens participating.|
|May 28, Sat.||Week 6 Jamboree||Chilliwack, Townsend & Exhibition Park →|
|May 29, Sun.||BCCFA U19 Provincial Championships||Hugh Boyd Park, Richmond|
|Jun. 4 & 5||BCCFA Provincial Championships||Kelowna, Capital News Centre →|
Quick Notes for 2016
- Season will consist of 6 jamborees (previously 5) and a Provincial Championship.
- All teams are entitled, but not required to participate in the Provincial Championships. Must declare either way by week 3.
- There will be a National Championship for U18s this year. Though we play with a U19 division in BC to keep in line with our fall tackle age groups, the rest of the country does not. A team must compete with only U18s on the roster for the Provincial Championships to be eligible to go to Nationals. The top U18 team in the BC Provincial Championships will be BC’s representative in the Nationals.
- Teams must consist of a minimum of 8 players. Maximum 12.
- No import rule/limit.
- Registration Fee $170/player includes: Home Jersey (Black Dry-Fit) and Away Jersey, Shorts. Please note there is no Alternate Funding for Spring Flag.
- Jersey/flag kit delivery – expected delivery before 1st jamboree, if ordered by March 4th (NSMF to BCCFA, Mar. 1 deadline for players.). Only BCCFA issued jerseys are allowed during Provincials.
- If a player has not been asked to play by a coach, there is a ‘Player Pool’, like a waiting list. Coaches looking for more players often look at the Player Pool, but being on the list does not guarantee a spot on a team. NS will form teams from this list when enough players from one age group sign up. If only a few sign up in an age group, we will try to place on an existing team where room permits.
Online registration is now closed. For last minute registration, please go into the Clubhouse on Tuesday, April 5th, 6pm to 8pm or Saturday, April 9th, 10am to 2pm.
Please note that if you play for a team at North Surrey, your team will be going to Kelowna for the Provincial Championships. That trip will incur an additional cost for each player for travel, hotel and food (approx. $100-$200) on top of the $170 Registration Fee. This doesn’t include the U19 Division which does not travel to Kelowna.
|A coach has NOT asked you to play →||Player Pool CLOSED|
|A NS coach HAS asked you to be on his team →||Online Reg CLOSED|
If a coach has NOT confirmed you are on his team, enter our Player Pool. Some fees are non-refundable and we cannot guarantee a spot on a team, so this is the first step in being placed on a team. NS will try to put teams together from this Player Pool but cannot guarantee placement.
If a coach HAS confirmed you are on his team, Register Online (Closed).
BCCFA Director of Spring Flag Football: Kevin Parks
Custom Jerseys: Kaila Rothkop
Custom Jerseys are available for Spring Flag at an additional cost. Please contact Kaila directly for more information.
Referee Orientation Clinic
Potential referees must be at least 14 years old. Referee training includes the clinic and a follow up online exam.
UBC Thunderbird Stadium – Heritage room
4pm to 6pm
Mackin Park, Coquitlam
10am to 1pm
McLeod Athletic Park, Langley
10am to 1pm
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Player & Coach development online videos